Thursday, December 2, 2010

Fudge Brownies

Now I must say, these are the most devilish thing I have ever made! Seriously! And I have to blame my friend Tanya for this. She pointed me in the direction of the recipe, therefore it is her fault!

Ingredients:
8 oz butter
18 oz sugar (I used caster)
4 large eggs
10 oz cocoa powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp espresso powder(optional)
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
12 oz plain flour
16 oz chocolate chips

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 350F/180C. Butter a baking dish.
In a small saucepan, melt the butter.  Stir in sugar and continue cooking for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly. Do not allow to boil.
Pour mixture into a large bowl. Beat in cocoa powder, eggs, salt, baking powder and vanilla extract. Stir until well combined.
Stir in the flour and chocolate chips (I used chocolate chunks which was a bit awkward - I would imagine you wouldn't even need the extra chocolate) and stir until well combined.
Pour into your prepared pan and bake for about 30 minutes, until a tester comes out mostly clean.
The edges should be set and the centre should still look slightly moist, but not uncooked.
Cool on a wire rack.

P.S. I have a fan oven, so I think the 30 minutes was a little too long for me. 25 minutes probably would have been enough! The fact that these were slightly overdone didn't deter anyone from eating them though I must add!!



3 comments:

  1. My husband made these last night and they did not turn out quite like these but they were delicious nevertheless. LOL! Hmmm.......I think I will go and eat one now. ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. omgosh... i just saw these. orgasmic i assume? lol

    ReplyDelete